Last week, I shared disappointment and frustration at one local parish’s failure to directly address the sin of racism. This week was different. I encourage you to read the new “Pastor’s Column” in full:
How good, indeed.
Some resources on race, racism, and defunding the police:
- A required reading list, published by US Catholic
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- 10 documentaries to watch about race instead of asking a person of colour to explain things for you
- 10 non-fiction books on why we need to defund the police
- Defunding of police in Camden, New Jersey
- 7 things Catholics can do to combat the #CatholicRacismProblem
- More of my own writings on race here
Chris Damian is a writer, speaker, attorney, and business professional living in the Twin Cities. He received his B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame and his J.D. and M.A. in Catholic Studies from the University of St. Thomas. He is the author of “I Desired You: Intellectual Journals on Faith and (Homo)sexuality” (volumes I and II). He is also the co-founder of YArespond, a group of Catholic young adults seeking informed and holistic responses to the clergy abuse crisis. In his free time, he enjoys hosting dinner parties and creative writing workshops.